November 12, 2010

GF Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies

THESE ARE THE BEST. They taste like peanut butter cups in cookie form (I am so, so sorry if you are allergic to peanuts). This is thanks to my mom's friend Eileen Riccardi, who brightened up a rainy June morning in Connecticut with a batch of these naturally gluten-free and delicious cookies.

What you need:
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 cup chocolate chips
  • 1 cup peanut butter (the consistency is best if you use a commercial peanut butter - I use Jiffy natural creamy. If you want to go organic, they will still be good but not quite as ooey gooey and delectable.)
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda

Easiest recipe ever, right? Just mix everything up in a bowl, then roll into balls and line up on a cookie sheet (I like to put a piece of parchment paper down, makes for very easy clean up). Cook them at 350 for about 10 minutes, then let them cool and viola! This will make about a dozen cookies. I usually double this recipe, and if it's going to be a rough week, I quadruple it. Enjoy! These are my favorite!

:) The Celiac Seal


Photobucket

1 comment: